Actuaries provide the analytical backbone for Pacific Life, helping to ensure that promises made can be met, whether they are due tomorrow, twenty years, or even a hundred years from now. We use mathematics, statistics, economics, financial management, and other tools to quantify the value and manage risk of future contingent events. Actuaries use technical and business skills to develop methods to provide value to our customers through superior management of risk. We analyze and develop solutions for the impact of demographic, economic and regulatory changes. Pacific Life actuaries create and manage innovative, industry leading, customer focused products.
We have opportunities in Product Design and Pricing, Valuation, Planning and Projections, and Risk Management.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and commitment to lifelong learning
- Ability to work and learn independently, as well as in collaboration with others
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Commitment to completing the Fellowship requirements of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong PC experience, including spreadsheets, actuarial software and/or application languages preferred but not required
Still in college? Check into our Actuarial Internship.
“I have benefited over the years from valuable learning opportunities through informal mentorship as well as working on projects with colleagues that have a wealth of in-depth subject matter knowledge, hands-on experience, and broad perspectives. These learning opportunities have contributed significantly to my professional growth at Pacific Life.” – David C., AVP, Risk Management
Back to top