Impersonation Mode

The amounts shown on Forms 1099, 1098-Q, and 5498 will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). In general, these forms contain dividend, distribution, sale/exchange and account value information related to your annuity contract.

Download the federal tax forms available below, or go to for more specific information. You should consult with your tax or legal advisors regarding your specific situation.

Annuity Forms - Tax Mailings

Type of
Title of Form
Purpose Mailed

IRS Form 1099-R/ Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc. Reports distributions from retirement or profit-sharing plans, any IRA, insurance contracts, and IRA recharacterizations. Late January
1099-R Questions and Answers
Information and frequently asked questions regarding IRS form 1099-R.

IRS Form 1098-Q/ Qualifying Longevity Annuity Contract Information Reports contributions (including rollovers) to any qualifying longevity annuity contract (QLAC), including total premiums through the end of the calendar year, fair market value (FMV) of the account, and annuity payment amount and start date (if applicable). Late January
Please contact Pacific Life Customer Service with any questions related to your qualifying longevity annuity contract.

IRS Form 5498/ IRA Contribution Information Reports contributions (including rollovers) to any individual retirement arrangements (IRA) including a SEP, SIMPLE, and Roth IRA, Roth conversions, IRA recharacterizations, and the fair market value (FMV) of the account. Late May
5498 Questions and Answers
Information and frequently asked questions regarding form 5498.

Pacific Life is not engaged in the practice of law, nor is it licensed to do so. This communication is not intended as legal or tax advice, nor may it be relied upon by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any tax penalties. This communication may not be used to promote, market, or recommend to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Any taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor or attorney.