The Pacific Life Foundation Surprises Employees with the Gift of a Grant
Late last year, a lucky group of employees received a special visit from the PL Foundation staff, with a great big check in hand.
One by one, the employees were informed that their nonprofit nomination – an organization near and dear to their hearts – had been chosen by the foundation to receive a $5,000 Employee Impact Grant, part of an annual program here at Pacific Life.
The program encourages employees to nominate nonprofit organizations that are important and meaningful to them personally. This year, a total of 75 nonprofits were nominated and 20 were picked to receive a grant. For these employees, this was a unique opportunity to tell the story of an organization that made a difference in their lives, whether it’s focused on health, community, children, or even pets!
Scroll below to see the list of 2016 Employee Impact Grants and be sure to check out the video to learn even more about their nominations. Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations and shared their amazing stories with us!
2016 Employee Impact Grants were awarded to:
- Active Minds, nominated by Ali Smith, Aliso Viejo
- Alzheimer's Association, nominated by Katie Eden, Omaha
- ASPIRE Creative Arts Program, nominated by Sandy Hitzel, Newport Beach
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of OC, nominated by Rebecca Hunt, Newport Beach
- Children’s Cerebral Palsy Movement, nominated by Jennifer Puebla, Newport Beach
- Claire Parker Foundation, nominated by Kelly Moore, Lynchburg
- Community Alliance, nominated by Jenny Carney, Omaha
- CASA OC, nominated by Andrea Schoembs, Aliso Viejo
- Epilepsy Support Network of OC, nominated by Tiffany Nichols, Newport Beach
- Healing Embrace, nominated by Mike Capossela, Omaha
- JDRF, nominated by Sally Weeber, Omaha
- Live 4 Tay Foundation, nominated by Christy Shivers, Smyrna, TN
- Nebraska Children's Home Society, nominated by Bridget Zimmerman, Omaha
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, nominated by Robyn Sherain, Newport Beach
- PADRE Foundation, nominated by Stephanie Babkow, Aliso Viejo
- Résonance Inc., nominated by Richard Tritz, Omaha
- The ALS Association, nominated by Gayle LaBelle, Aliso Viejo, CA
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, OC, nominated by Kara Godshalk, Aliso Viejo
- Transplant House, nominated by Emma Piacentini, Aliso Viejo
- Williams Syndrome Association, nominated by Jennifer Fitzpatrick, Newport Beach